We are always looking for great people. Share your story and your unique skills with us (please include links to your website, LinkedIn profile, etc.). Our team is growing and we are looking to add great people!
The GIS Technician/Analyst functions will vary based on current company needs, but are focused on using GIS tools and applications to ensure customer business needs are being met and customer applications maintained. Needs will be met through consulting with customers utilizing the GuideK12 online application, using internal GIS software, and working with application developers to provide solutions. The position is also responsible for the collection, transformation, and exporting of spatial, school, and student data for use in customer applications. As GuideK12 is a remote/virtual company, candidates must have the ability to work from their home office.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides Geographic Information System (GIS) client services as needed.
• Build strong relationships with customer and county contacts to ensure that end-user business needs are met.
• Create and maintain documentation and training materials for customers
• Convey GIS/spatial information to non-GIS/technical people.
• Perform extract, transform, and load tasks primarily using Geokettle (open source ETL Tool).
• Research, locate, and compile available spatial and tabular data from a variety of sources for use in internal GIS Applications and customer applications.
• Document and submit GIS application bugs and feature enhancement requests.
• Create maps using ArcGIS Desktop for both hard copy and electronic formats.
• Create and maintain GIS Spatial data using ArcInfo Workstation, ArcGIS Desktop and other GIS Software as needed.
• create batch scripts to expedite/automate internal processes.
• Demonstrated understanding of the principles of GIS analysis and tasks, Minimum of Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) in GIS, Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
• 2-5 years of relevant experience.
• Advanced knowledge and use of GIS desktop software including ArcGIS and open source software solutions.
• A strong understanding of the concepts behind data management in a relational database.
• Strong written, verbal, analytical, customer service and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with concepts of programming/automation using various programming languages.
• Ability to adapt to and embrace the rapidly evolving GIS field.
• Can work independently, self-directed and motivated.
• Strong team building and customer focused style.
• Enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits to solve problems.
• Creative and commitment to ongoing learning.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: Terry@GuideK12.com